Fun, Easy Preschool Fall Crafts
Use fun and easy preschool fall crafts to create and learn with your preschooler or toddler. Fall is a great time to get outside and explore nature with your child. My fall crafts for preschoolers use items from nature, make wonderful fall decorations for your home, and help your kids to learn and to use their creativity!
Apple or Leaf Stamping
- Apples cut in half or various leaves
- Paint in different colors
- Small sponge paint brush
- Collect different shaped leaves or cut an apple in half (or both)
- Dab brush in paint and lightly apply to a leaf or apple half
- Press paint side down onto paper
- Keep going!
- This is a great way to use leaves collected on a nature walk
- Talk to your preschooler about the different shapes that each leaf makes on the paper
- Try other objects as well- “helicopters”, pine cones, flowers, etc.
- These stamps make great cards- stamp one leaf on the front of blank cards from a craft store
- Various leaves
- Glue stick
- Glue a leaf onto the center of the paper
- Use markers to create the “monster”
Tissue Paper Apple Tree
- This is another great preschool fall craft using leaves collected on a nature walk
- My son loves to glue several different leaves on one sheet and create a “Leaf Monster Family”
- Green and red tissue paper (cut into small squares)
- Brown marker
- Have your child draw a tree on the piece of paper or print out the free Tree Printable
- Glue small squares of tissue paper onto tree to create leaves and apples (scrunch them for a more realistic effect)
- Color in trunk with brown marker
- Clear contact paper
- Go for a walk and collect leaves of various shapes, sizes, and colors
- Make sure the leaves are completely dry
- Place leaves on one or more pieces of paper (allow your preschooler to place her leaves however she wants!)
- Cover each leaf with a piece of clear contact paper
Painted Pine Cones
- Create a book by stapling the pages of leaves together
- Talk about and have your child identify the different
preschool math skills
by sorting the leaves by shape and size. Talk about which leaf is largest, smallest, etc.
- Pine Cones
- Paint Brush
- Collect from outside or buy pine cones
- Using a brush, paint pine cones different colors
- Let dry and place in a bowl or basket for an easy fall decoration
For more easy autumn crafts for preschoolers, check out
Preschool Halloween Crafts
Preschool Thanksgiving Crafts
Exit Preschool Fall Crafts and Return to Preschool Crafts Main Page
Preschool Learning and Crafts Home
Work at home and earn income writing or posting about what you know and love... I am!
Jun 22, 14 11:01 AM
Easy Frozen party ideas for your Frozen Birthday Party. Frozen party games, Frozen decoration ideas, and Frozen crafts for your Frozen fan!
Jan 23, 13 12:48 PM
Find lyrics and motions for valentine songs for kids. Your preschooler or toddler will love these preschool songs and fingerplays for Valentine's Day.
Jan 23, 13 12:47 PM
Plan an easy and fun Valentine party for your family, playgroup, or preschool class. Party ideas for games, crafts, food, and activities.