Preschool Summer Crafts... really Beat the Heat!
Use preschool summer crafts to entertain your preschooler or toddler all summer long. I don't like to use the word "bored" (my mom used to tell us "boredom is a lack of creativity"), but having young kids at home ALL SUMMER LONG can be exhausting.
Teach your kids to entertain themselves using
preschool learning activities.
Your preschooler or toddler will have tons of fun, keep busy, and learn!
This preschool summer crafts page has lots of great projects, but you'll find even more around the site...
July 4th Preschool Summer Crafts
Summer Olympic Crafts
Sports and Camp Crafts
easy gifts for kids to make for Fathers Day
great ideas for gardening with kids
fun weather activities
ideas for teacher gifts
This preschool summer craft is perfect to wear outside on a hot day. Easy toddler craft!
- 2 paper plates
- Cut the center out of one paper plate (save center for the fan craft below)
- Cut the second paper plate in half like picture
- Staple pieces together to form a visor (tape over staples to protect little heads!)
- Have preschoolers and toddlers decorate visors with stickers, markers, crayons, and stamps
Your preschooler can cool herself (or you) down with this fun and easy craft. It really works!
- Paper plate
- Large craft stick or popsicle stick
- Duct tape
- Markers, crayons
- Cut the center out of one paper plate (use the left over center from the visor above!)
- Use duct tape to attach craft stick to circle
- Have preschoolers and toddlers decorate their fan with stickers, markers, crayons, and stamps
Celebrate the season of sunshine and have your preschooler or toddler practice his scissors skills. This is a craft any age can do “all by myself”…
- Paper plate or large circle of paper
- Yellow paint, markers, or crayons
- Child safety scissors
- Have child color or paint the paper plate or circle of paper
- Allow child to use scissors to cut around the plate to form the sun’s “rays” (older children may want to cut triangular rays- younger children can simply cut lines all the way around for great practice)
- Hang with a piece of string or yarn
- Red and orange tissue paper
- Brown paper (paper bags work!)
- Glue stick
- Cut small strips of brown paper for the logs (older preschoolers can do this alone)
- Glue “logs” to paper
- Have child rip pieces of orange and red tissue paper
- Glue tissue paper on logs for the camp fire
- OPTIONAL: older preschoolers can draw people around the camp fire… singing and roasting marshmallows
This craft for preschoolers is an easy and fun July 4th craft.
- Red and blue crayons or markers
- Small star stickers
- Trace child’s hand on paper
- Have your child color it to look like the American flag (provide a picture for her to copy)
Preschool Crafts Main Page
Preschool Learning and Crafts Home