Beat the Winter Blues with Preschool Winter Crafts
Try some preschool winter crafts with your kids to help your cabin fever. Easy and fun snowman crafts,
and snow crafts will beat those winter blues, entertain your preschooler or toddler, and may even teach him a thing or two along the way! ENJOY!
- Blue construction paper
- White washable paint
- Shallow dish or paper plate
- Black marker or construction paper
- Orange construction paper or marker
- Squirt just enough paint into the paper plate and spead it around
- Place preschooler's foot in paint and then onto the paper
- Let dry
- Once the paint dries, add eyes, mouth, buttons, and a hat as desired (let your child be creative!)
Popsicle Stick Snowflakes
- 3 craft or popsicle sticks
- Washable paint (we used glitter paint)
- Paint brush
- Elmers glue
- "Jewels" (available in the bead aisle of craft stores)
- To prep: Hot glue or glue the craft sticks together for your preschooler. Allow to dry. Have your preschooler do the remaining steps...
- Paint in his choice of colors
- Put a dot of Elmers on each end and in the center of sticks
- Place choice of jewels on each dot of glue
- Attach a ribbon or a magnet to hang
- One of my favorite preschool winter crafts- SO EASY and I love how they turn out (I don't think the pictures show how neat they look)
- Easy Christmas Tree ornament! Just glue a piece of ribbon and hang.
- Math activity: have your preschooler count how many jewels she will need for each end and the center and then count out the correct number before starting
- To personalize, have your child cut out and glue a picture of himself in the center
***Great Shape Activitiy***
- Black and white construction paper
- Other various colors of paper
- Glue stick
- Depending on your preschooler's age and ability, either draw and cut shapes, draw and have her cut shapes, or have her draw and cut shapes out of the different colors of paper
**Need: 3 white circles, small shapes for eyes, nose, and buttons, rectangles for arms and hat***
- Arrange the shapes on the black construction paper to make your own unique snowman
- Glue shapes onto paper with glue stick
- Talk about and name the different shapes with your preschooler. For more shape activities, check out my
preschool math activities.
- Another great way to use this preschool winter craft is to make them into personalized placemats. Laminate or cover with clear contact paper.
- Snow on the ground
- Warm clothes
- Empty dish detergent bottle(s)
- Food coloring
- Fill empty bottles with water and different colors of food coloring
- Bundle up and head outside!
- Squirt colored water on snow to make cool designs or pictures or to write words
Shaving Cream Painting
- An easy preschool winter craft to get your kids out of the house and practicing their writing (they won't even realize it!)
- For more easy learning activities, check out my
preschool writing activities.
*** A great sensory and
- Shaving Cream
- Aluminum Foil
- Food coloring (optional)
- Place a piece of aluminum foil in front of your preschooler
- Put a dollop of shaving cream on the aluminum foil
- Let your child put a couple of drops of food coloring in the shaving cream and mix
- Encourage your child to use his hands and fingers to "paint"
- Allow to dry (won't be hard, but will be gummy)
- Skip the food coloring and make your own unique shaving cream snowflake!
- Toddlers and preschoolers will love this preschool winter craft. Be sure to watch that your child doesn't put the shaving cream in his mouth- yuck!
Want more fun
Indoor Winter Activities
Winter Songs for Preschoolers and Toddlers
WANT MORE? Sign up for FREE Facebook Updates:
preschool-learning-and-crafts.com | Promote Your Page Too
Tired of the cold?
Think of warmer weather and try some
preschool summer crafts
preschool spring crafts.
Exit Preschool Winter Crafts and Return to Preschool Crafts Main Page
Preschool Learning and Crafts Home
Work at home and earn income writing or posting about what you know and love... I am!
Jun 22, 14 11:01 AM
Easy Frozen party ideas for your Frozen Birthday Party. Frozen party games, Frozen decoration ideas, and Frozen crafts for your Frozen fan!
Jan 23, 13 12:48 PM
Find lyrics and motions for valentine songs for kids. Your preschooler or toddler will love these preschool songs and fingerplays for Valentine's Day.
Jan 23, 13 12:47 PM
Plan an easy and fun Valentine party for your family, playgroup, or preschool class. Party ideas for games, crafts, food, and activities.